Getting Married in the Orthodox Church

What to bring with you for an affidavit for ecclesiastical permission to marry:

  1. Baptismal Certificate or Transcript.
  2. Letter of Good Standing if not a member of St. George.
  3. Certificate of Freedom to Marry if entered the Metropolis of San Francisco after age 16.

If previously married:

  • If Marriage ended with death of spouse need Death Certificate.
  • If marriage ended by Divorce: Civil Divorce Papers

Original Ecclesiastical Divorce Decree – No photocopies.

If presently civilly married, Civil Marriage license.


Contact Us

10830 Downey Avenue, Downey, CA 90241-3720

(562) 862-6461