Getting Married in the Orthodox Church
What to bring with you for an affidavit for ecclesiastical permission to marry:
- Baptismal Certificate or Transcript.
- Letter of Good Standing if not a member of St. George.
- Certificate of Freedom to Marry if entered the Metropolis of San Francisco after age 16.
If previously married:
- If Marriage ended with death of spouse need Death Certificate.
- If marriage ended by Divorce: Civil Divorce Papers
Original Ecclesiastical Divorce Decree – No photocopies.
If presently civilly married, Civil Marriage license.
10830 Downey Avenue, Downey, CA 90241-3720